Company Overview: Oil & Gas Field Equipment Company
- A cross-divisional organization infrastructure needs to be developed to continuously leverage enterprise-wide purchasing power
- Little understanding existed in the company about potential options or “best practices” for Procurement organizational design.
- The focus of purchasing was on task efficiency instead of overall process performance.
Scope & Approach
- Conducted a high-level assessment of the procurement organization structure for this client.
- Significant redesign opportunities within client’s purchasing were identified.
- A centralized purchasing organizational model was created to enable the client to leverage purchasing power, information, and skills across divisions, to maintain a common, global process and to reduce excessive work duplication.