Company Overview: $1.5B Aviation Operator & Repair Center
- There was a large backlog on materials being left on the receiving area and not visible in the system. This caused issues with material availability and potential lost sales.
Cycle Time = 20.7Days
- Process mapped the workflow and created flow charts.
- Identified major bottlenecks
- Identified communication issues.
- Eliminated not value added activities (i.e. box level vs. part level.
- Changed shifts (Better access to equipment & shelves)
- Changed resource allocation (dedicated team)
- We were able to reduce cycle time by 40%.
- Materials were put on the system 8 days faster on average.
This while number and size of the RCF were increasing.
Cycle Time = 9 Days