Company Overview: Food Manufacturing Company
- The client had moved from a highly manual indirect procurement process and a stand alone automated direct material procurement process to an integrated automated process utilizing SAP for all procurement.
- The new process was demonstrating problematic symptoms
Scope & Approach
- review Procure through Payable processes, associated systems, and organization and make recommendations for improvement.
- Problems were identified through client interviews and review against best practice benchmarks.
- A workshop approach was used to apply process and system best practices and develop specific solutions for the client.
- Benefits included a 40% decrease in invoice cycle time, 50% decrease in invoice error handling effort, ability to comply with discount payment periods, simplification of processes, and improved security and controls.